LinkedIn is a great tool for finding B2B prospects for your business. But then what? You found someone, you might have even used eMailProspector to get their phone number and corporate email address and reached out to them. But what if they don’t respond? Or even if they respond, what do you do with them?
The best way I know to keep a prospect active and engaged is by keeping in touch with them on a regular basis (and by regular I mean 2x a month – not 2x a day!) I don’t mean hounding their answering machine – but rather, stay in touch and top of mind with them by sending – sparingly – information they might find useful. And the best way to do that is to use LinkedIn Contacts.
How to stay Top Of Mind with Top Prospects on LinkedIn
- Find your prospect (through LinkedIn’s Advanced Search or through eMailProspector.)
- Do your research! Read their profile, look them up on Google or use eMail Prospector to find PR about them and their company. If you have the paid account, make copious notes in the “Notes” section of their profile (under “Relationship”. If you have the free account you have to wait until they accept your invitation to use the Notes section – so keep your notes in a word doc of CRM if you use one.
- Invite a prospect to connect with you (through a group is usually the best way).
- Try and set up a meeting with them – informational interviews work best. Remember – you want to find out about them – not pitch your product or service. Make notes about that conversation right in their profile as well.
- Set a reminder to once a month to send an article of interest to that top prospect.
- Find a blog post or article using LinkedIn’s new Influencer Article search (see below) and share it.
- Rinse and repeat (a few times a month)
Its not rocket science – but it sure is effective!
Download your FREE Trial Today, Get 50 Contacts FREE!